A Place to Start Over.
Nisa Homes strives to empower women to live independently and self-sufficiently, in a safe and healthy environment.
To build a society where every woman and child who has experienced trauma is safe, supported and empowered.
Nisa Homes is the first and only transitional home for Immigrant, Refugee and Muslim women who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. We are a safe haven for women experiencing domestic violence, poverty, homelessness or seeking asylum. This home is a centre of empowerment where the vulnerable are given hope, where the broken are rebuilt and the helpless are given their dignity.
- Basic necessities: Food & Shelter
- A safe and secure environment
- Confidential and supportive counselling (both individual and in group settings)
- One-on-one casework and information
- Community referrals
- Programs and Services, including Life Skills development, support groups, and children's activities
- Services in multiple languages including English, Urdu, Arabic, Hindi, Punjabi. Additionally, we have professionals on call for Somali, Farsi, Dari, French, Kurdish and Turkish.
As an organization, Nisa Homes recognizes that culture is vital to immigrant, refugee and Muslim women, and as such we work hard to provide them with a sense of self and personal identity that allows them to achieve independence and self-sustainability.
Nisa Homes is a place for women to live comfortably and feel safe in a supportive home environment, to explore their cultural identity, and to directly connect with their community. By providing this environment we hope enable women to feel safe and supported to develop the tools to achieve independence and self-sustainability.