Alhamdulilah for another successful, and very busy, year! Of course none of our success and accomplishments would be possible without your help, support, and donations. We pray that Allah alleviates any difficulties in your life as you have alleviated the struggles our clients face.
Our Main Highlights of 2017:
Opened our 3rd Location
As part of our plan to establish a safe haven for women and children in every major Canadian city, this year we opened our 3rd home! This home is in Windsor, ON and is our first purchased home alhamdulilah! Click here to learn more.
Expanded our BC location
To keep up with the increasing demand in British Columbia, we've had to move to a larger house this month. Our new location features an on-site office, two living rooms and kitchens and will allow us to assist up to 12 women and children inshAllah.
Increased our capacity
This year has brought about great organizational improvements for Nisa Homes, with newly hired caseworkers, counsellors and house managers, we've been able to improve our services and increase our capacity to help more women achieve long term independence and self-sufficiency.
This year, we also:
- Were featured in several news outlets: Toronto Star, CBC, and Windsor Star.
- Started a Life Skills program to equip women with the tools they need to maintain their independence, including financial literacy
- Expanded our team to include caseworkers at each location
- Hired a Mental Health Promotion Specialist who created a health and wellbeing program and oversees our short term supportive counselling
- Established 5 partnerships with other agencies and organizations to support our clients. Click here to learn more.
- Held several successful events including a women's networking event, two fundraisers, a khutbah campaign and two awareness events.